Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Project Manager (Substation)
Arabian Bemco Contracting Co.
Highly skilled professional with extensive project management experience, operating multiple levels within both the customer and Bemco Contracting company organizations. The PM is responsible for successfully planning and executing complex customer contract on time, on scope on budget improving profitability, ensuring quality execution and customer satisfaction.
• Prime customer contact and accountability to management team for project implementation, construction, commissioning and support.
• Define project scope per contract & develop project plan & schedule.
• Manage Bemco, third party and customer resources to implement project plan & manage risk management plan.
• Lead & Manage/provide issue resolution within Company and with the customer.
• Provide regular status and financial reports to joint project team as well as joint management team
• Obtain project acceptance from internal and customer stakeholders.
• Ensure that the project is delivered within the approved budget and profitability forecast. On the basis of the Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS), manage the cost to complete and cost to control.
• Structure and provide project documentation in accordance with standards and approved by all relevant parties, assuring quality and alignment with entire project.
• Ensure any variation to the project scope is clearly recognized and approved.
• Define and optimize resource allocation to the project by assigning tasks and missions.
• Secure task execution subcontracted to internal or external subcontractor as well as site construction activities: Civil, electrical and mechanical.
• Accountable for forecast accuracy, Respond to scope creep by immediately escalating modifications to the project scope.
• Manage project, implement corrective and improvement actions & manage tactical contingency plans.
• Manage project, monitor and control progress against a baseline plan & allocate tasks and priorities as needed.
• Overall Contracts Management by optimizing staff utilization.
• Ensure Project closing.
• Fluency in English
• Minimum BS/MS (Electrical/Mechanical/Industrial Engineer) degree with Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• 10-15+yrs related experience in project and site management with Extensive direct experience in the construction of power projects.
• Good Knowledge of H.V. Equipment, GIS, AIS substations.
• Knowledge of 400/275kv/132kv GIS s/s all associated instrumentation, protection, metering, telecom installations together with AC/DC Power bank to the power station.
• Knowledge of cable ducts laying, trenches, concrete foundation for transformers, pulling multi-core cable, insulators, surge arrestors & circuit breakers.
• Ability to understand and implement technical drawings (wiring diagram, electrical layout, General Arrangement, etc.)
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Good Interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Job Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Construction
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Management
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: Saudi Arabia
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree
BEMCO was formed in 1975 as an Electrical and Mechanical Contracting Company. Thereafter, BEMCO expanded its construction knowledge and experience to become a world-class Turnkey Contractor in Industrial, Power & Commercial Projects. BEMCO has undertaken the largest and most challenging turnkey projects in Saudi Arabia .
BEMCO as a Turnkey Contractor comprises full scale and integrated capabilities in Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Start-up, Commissioning and Fabrication. BEMCO as a result of its devotion to quality is an ISO 9001 certified company for engineering, design management, procurement and construction of projects.
BEMCO has faced and met modern engineering and construction challanges by successfully implementing major Power, Industrial and commercial projects in Saudi Arabia and the Region with various state-of-the-art technologies as well as working in conjunction with renowned international engineering, construction and manufacturing firms.
Today BEMCO continues to enhance its capabilities to meet challenges of the 21st century.