Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Watches - Display Artist | DOMASCO | Qatar
Al Futtaim Group
About the Business:
Doha Marketing Services Company W.L.L. (DOMASCO), an overseas joint venture of the reputable UAE-based Al Futtaim Group, has been operating business in Qatar for 15 years and has sole distribution rights for Honda, Volvo cars and trucks, reputed brands of watches and electronics such as Raymond Weil, Casio and Sanyo as well as Yanmar marine engines in the country.
About the Job:
We are currently looking to recruit experienced Display Artist/ Merchandiser for our Watches Division.
The primary focus of the role will be to effectively take care of retail display of watches showroom/sales location in terms of creative display of watches, cleanliness and also ensure customer will feel comfortable with a pleasing display that will make their shopping experience is a pleasant resulting in company to achieve the sales and gross margins target set for the showroom or the sales location as well as the department.
The main duties within the role include the following:
- Visiting retail locations and arrange their display keeping in mind the principals guidelines so that customers will find frequent difference in display that is pleasing to their sight.
- Make creative changes to the display so that principal's guidelines and their supplied pos materials are further enhanced to make the display attractive.
- Inform the line manager requirements of pos items so that timely orders can be placed.
- To ensure the stocks are properly replenished from the stores to the showrooms/locations and thereby avoid loss of sale
- To effectively merchandise the products to enhance brand image
- To affix the price tags to the products
- To maintain showroom/location cleanliness
- To report on any Quality problem to the service centre and Sales Manager
- To closely monitor competitor activities and keep informed of the latest products to effectively meet competition
- Effectively determine the customer needs and assist the customer on queries, objections and ensure product selection and close of sale
- To maintain all documents / records of the showroom/location as required by the company systems and procedures.
- To assist the Sales Manager in ordering by identifying the fast moving products
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Essential to have at least 2-3 years experience in a similar sales position with an exposure to retail operations of consumer products
- Possess retail and merchandising skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Must have good command of the English language and Arabic is preferable
- Familiarity with computer use
- Good presentation and excellent personal organisation
- Flexibility and punctuality
- Self-motivated, reliable and confident
- Identify customer needs
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.
- Job Location: Qatar
- Company Industry: Technical/Maintenance; Retail/Wholesale
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Other
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career