Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
New Mowasat Hospital
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversees appointment bookings and ensures that preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients.
2. Prepares equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients. Maintains and stocks the department as per department par level.
3. Greets patients and prepares them for examination. Screens patients for appropriate information. Instructs patients in collection of specimen and preparation for (lab, x-ray, etc) tests.
4. Arranges for patient testing and admissions with other department.
5. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions as ordered.
6. Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls in a pleasant professional manner.
7. Observes, records and reports patients’ condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians. Dispenses medication as directed. Notifies infection control nurse of all suspected infection cases.
8. Maintains and reviews patients’ records, for pertinent information regarding follow-up. Posts tests and examination results in patient’s file and reports any abnormalities to the doctor.
9. Maintains exam rooms with necessary supplies and ensures cleanliness. Prepares list of medical supplies and order consumables and supplies per par level.
10. Provides health information and patient education to patients seeking health information and gives peri-operative instructions to surgical patients in collaboration with the physicians.
11. Observes and utilizes infection control guidelines in patient care. Observes (INC) standards in handling of all instruments and specimen.
12. Performs general nursing care to patients. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards, where necessary.
13. Attends/participates in a proactive in-service programs necessary in providing good customer friendly service.
14. Attends meetings and participates in committees as required. Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
15. Maintains and collects patient’s medical data as requested by the medical records.
16. Maintains strictest confidentiality.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or Diploma certificate.
- Sufficient previous experience in ambulatory service
- Registration, current license, and CPR certification.
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients. Lifts supplies/equipment.
- Regularly exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases.
- Maybe exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements.
- Exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness).
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Job Location: Kuwait
- Company Industry: Medical/Hospital; Healthcare, other; Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Healthcare/Medical
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2
- Residence Location: Kuwait
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma