Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Teradata Consultant – Middle East
Clariba Consulting Middle East
Are you a seasoned database management and data warehousing professional specializing Teradata? Do you want to join a thriving Business Intelligence company with a growing customer base in the Middle East?
Clariba is an expert provider of business intelligence (BI) services and solutions and a specialist in SAP
BusinessObjects technology. We have a European office in Barcelona, Spain and Middle East offices in Dubai, UAE and Doha, Qatar. From these three locations we serve our primarily EMEA customer base. Clariba develops best practice BI solutions for dashboards, reporting and analysis, providing our customers with clarity and actionable insight to improve their business performance.
Our customers in the Middle East are leaders in the telecommunication, education, manufacturing, banking and public sectors. By working closely with business leaders and IT teams, Clariba turns vital data from ERP, CRM and other transactional systems into actionable insight for all levels of the organization.
We are currently looking to expand our Data Warehousing and Database capabilities by recruiting a Senior Teradata Consultant to join our Middle East team in Dubai.
What we offer:
• An international and multicultural environment with the opportunity to work in one of the IT sector’s most exciting and interesting growth areas
• Annual Performance Plan, Employee Development Plans, and a training and certification path
• Opportunities to gain responsibility, grow your BI career and progress through our Talent Management Program based on motivation, dedication and skill development
• The chance to gain valuable technical, project management and communication skills
• A comprehensive compensation and benefits package
• A three-year contract in the Middle East with opportunity for extension OR we are also open to hearing from independent contractors/freelancers
We are looking for the following:
• At least 4 years experience working with Teradata (with expertise in Teradata Database 14)
• Experience with Teradata utilities: TPT, BTEQ, TD Design Studio, TD SQL Assistant
• Experience designing/tuning Teradata DWH with big data volumes
• Understanding of Teradata Appliance Physical Implementation and Tuning: UPIs, NUPIs, USIs, NUSIs, JIs, AJIs, etc,
• Previous demonstrated data modeling experience
• Highly desirable to have some telco experience
• Highly desirable to have experience with a BI tool (i.e. SAP BusinessObjects)
• Customer facing profile with good communication & presentation skills
• Demonstrated project management experience and understanding of best practice methodology
• Fluent English both written and spoken is required
• Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
• Commitment to customer milestones, deadlines and service levels
• Ability to multi-task with a variety of customers and projects
• Willingness to support team members with difficult projects or tight timelines
• Autonomous thinking and proactive approach to investigating and discovering solutions
• Commitment to open, transparent and frequent communication with customers and team
• Available for travel within Middle East
• Interest and ability to work in a multicultural environment and integrate with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures
University Level Degree (preferred Engineering degree) / Masters in Information Technology
Clariba is an expert provider of business intelligence (BI) services and solutions and a specialist in SAP BusinessObjects technology. We have three offices (one in Europe and two in the Middle East) to serve our growing EMEA customer base.
Clariba develops best practice BI solutions for dashboards, reporting and analysis, providing our customers with clarity and actionable insight to improve their business performance. Our customers in the Middle East are leaders in the telecommunication, education, manufacturing, and banking sectors. By working closely with business leaders and IT teams, Clariba turns vital data from ERP, CRM and other transactional systems into actionable insight for all levels of the organization.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Information Technology
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Employment Status: Full time
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 10
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma