Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Senior Architect (For UAE Nationals Only)
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority
The post is to work as a Senior Architect with the Design Section team and mainly to assist the Director to monitor the actual performance at all design stages. It will also include the full review of all architectural and technical issues with internal and external concerned parties.
• Responsible for all design stage details for DSOA projects.
• Maintaining and updating the design process.
• Implementation of the approved system procedure
• Review drawing submittals (Preliminary study, Preliminary design, draft final design, final design).
• Management presentation and approvals
• Coordination with the planning section and construction & projects department.
• Coordination and follow-up with the consultants.
• Review the design part of the consultancy agreement.
B. Documents Control:
• Monitoring and updating the department OPP (objectives & KPI’s)
• Monitoring the progress of all the organization projects during design stage
• Monitoring of all in and out documents related to design and management reports
• Attend and record projects progress meetings.
This post is to report directly to the Director of Plannning & Design.
Performance Areas & Objectives:
1. Design Management
a. Improving design skills for technical evaluation and problem solving
2. Design review & approvals
a. For DSOA projects (Design section) design submitted drawings(projects under study and design) and design modification as well as finishing approvals (projects under construction)
b. Developers’ projects and villas submissions (Planning Section): review for architectural submissions and creating new regulation and guidelines for villa modification request.
3. Project management
a. Implementing design tracking system for DSOA projects
4. Stakeholders relations & communications
a. Coordination with DSOA management & other departments to get their feedback and requirements regarding DSOA projects.
5. Presentations & Reports
a. Present all the projects stages to DSOA management and getting approvals.
6. Team relation & communication and office administration
a. Getting team feedback regarding the projects design and follow up with them regarding submissions as well as the department objectives and KPI’s.
7. Personal Development
a. Improving skills in management and problem solving.
8. Consultants, Contractors and Suppliers sourcing
a. Meeting with service providers in order to have a good library to go back to whenever necessary.
• This post will require a minimum qualification of Bachelor degree in the field of Architecture.
• Good working knowledge of software applications such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, MS Office, MS Project, & Prezi.
• The candidate should have a strong background in design management and administrative capabilities. Minimum period of 5 years of work experience is preferred.
• The candidate should also be self-innovative, creational, and able to work under minimum level of supervision in a heavy workload environment. This will be beside a quality sense of defining technical problems, collecting appropriate and related data to establish solutions.
• Language Skills
- must have the full capability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, together with technical and legal documents in English language. Knowledge of Arabic language is an advantage;
• Mathematical Skills:
- high level of capability to work with mathematical concepts, apply them and their proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability
- ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA), a 100% government-owned free zone, was established following Law no 16 of 2005 of the Government of Dubai, with the Mission to "facilitate and promote modern technology based industries" thus supporting the region's demand for business expansion. A full package of incentives and benefits are provided to companies operating within the free zone. Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is a technology park and provides both a living and working integrated community.
DSO's urban master-planned community spans 7.2 million square meters and has been carefully divided into 5 main pillars based on industrial, commercial, education, living and residences, and public facilities. The technology park enjoys state-of-the-art utility infrastructure featuring advanced telecommunications, electricity, and road networks.
Silicon Oasis is designed as a hi-tech ecosystem which offers businesses a plethora of advantages including a state-of-the-art infrastructure, in-house business services and strong business support such as technology investment incentives for large enterprises, entrepreneurial support, an incubation centre and venture capital funding.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Information Technology; Government Sector
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Nationality: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma