Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Regional IELTS Manager
IDP Education Pty Ltd.
IDP is seeking the services of a dedicated person with senior operations and business development experience with an attention to detail and a passion for quality to fill the Regional IELTS Manager role for the Middle East.
As an owner of IELTS, the world’s most popular English language test for study, work and immigration, IDP has a rapidly growing network of test centers across the region with more on the way. Based in Cairo, reporting to the Regional Director Middle East, and working as part of a global team, you will oversee expansion of our IELTS business and directly influence the quality of our operations by providing hands on support and leadership to our network of test centers.
Your experience in delivering quality and business performance outcomes, preferably within an education or service industry, has seen you develop the practical and strategic skills necessary to make a real difference this complex and fascinating role. You will have:
• Ability to communicate effectively in English
• Demonstrated success in a business development role, a sales or an operational management role where you have improved business performance or grown a business
• Strong business acumen and commercial management skills
• Ability to build positive relationships with and influence stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
To find out more about this exciting opportunity please click on the link to read the position description http://idpintranet.idp.com/people__culture/internal_vacancies.aspx or contact Ashley Young, Manager People and Culture or Georgia Murphy, General Manager People and Culture to ask any questions you may have.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a short covering letter to
• Previous ‘hands-on’ operational management experience.
• Excellent understanding, of sales and marketing principles and demonstrated ability to apply them with a successful track record
• Capacity for innovative thinking in assessing opportunities for change
• High level interpersonal skills to engage and influence key stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds and surface ideas for change
• High level of business acumen combined with good knowledge of the commercial environment
• Working with an organisation in change and applying good change management principles to facilitate broader team engagement
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and act with integrity
• Ideally good written, verbal and presentation skills to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels in English and in Arabic
• Understanding of the IDP Education/ IELTS Australia operating model
• Business degree / MBA would be preferable, with 6-8 years in managerial position
• 10-12 years of International work experience within Middle East or North Africa some of which is in the commercial education sector
• Working effectively in a virtual team environment
• Strategic thinking and analysis skills.
• Prior knowledge of IELTS as a product and awareness of the practicalities of IELTS operations in the Regional context or at least capability to acquire such skills
With a network of over 85 international student placement centers located in more than 30 countries worldwide, IDP Education is the world’s largest student placement provider. For 40 years, IDP Education has played a major role in international education and development. During this time, IDP has placed more than 340,000 international students - primarily into leading Australian institutions. Each year, around 30,000 commencing students choose IDP to help them transform their dreams of international study into reality.
IDP is co-owned by 38 Australian universities and Seek Ltd, Australia’s leading online employment and training company.
IDP is also a part owner of IELTS, the world’s leading English language proficiency test, with the British Council and the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations.
- Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Management
- Joining Date: 2012-09-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 10 Max: 15
- Residence Location: Egypt
- Degree: Master's degree