Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
ISCOSA Industries & Maintenance Ltd, (A Siemens Company)
The Local Project Engineer’s (LPE) main job function is to serve as the initial point of contact between customer and Siemens for all the Services to be performed by Siemens under a Long Term Service Program contract for customer’s combined cycle operating plant Covered Equipment.
The LPE shall coordinate the Scheduled Service Outages, coordinate and participate in periodic meetings, provide answers to technical questions, conduct periodic reviews of the operations with the customer and perform other functions as described below:
- Act as the in-country contact between the Suppliers and the Buyer for Scheduled and Unscheduled Service Outages, and the respective return to service of the Covered Equipment.
- Provide technical support, assistance and evaluation when operating or maintenance problems occur on Covered Equipment.
- Communicate to Buyer Plant Personnel all applicable seller’s technical bulletins/advisory notices/ and similar correspondence as soon as they are issued by seller or subcontractor, concurrent with non confidential communications to any other customer or seller.
- Support and advise the operations staff with operations trouble shooting and corrective action planning.
- Advise customer’s equipment operations and maintenance personnel about customer’s Combustion Turbine operation and maintenance procedures and provide recommendations for improvement.
Maintenance Scheduling, Execution & Monitoring
- Assist the Buyer in the planning and execution of the Services under the Long Term Service Program contract.
- Support Field Service execution team during outage implementation, providing input during Extra Work Order authorization process and customer discussions at site; follow up with clarification and monitoring activities post outage, required to completion of the EWA invoicing process.
- Lead in-country implementation and monitoring of the Communication plan with stakeholders.
- Coordinate and participate on periodic TMS meetings with Siemens Platform Team.
- Coordinate with Field Service or District service office the resources (i.e. Personnel and tooling) required to implement scheduled and/or unscheduled maintenance plan for the combustion turbines in accordance with the Plant's maintenance requirements and Siemens’ recommendations.
- Coordinate local input for the periodic program reviews; provide support to the LTP financial controllers regarding the on-shore portion of the service agreement.
- Initiate, determine the status and verify the completion of any field issue with Siemens Engineering via PCM and WRIT with respect to the Combustion Turbines and Covered Equipment.
- Perform a periodic audit of the available improvements for the Covered Equipment.
- Develop major maintenance plan for the CT and CT Gen in accordance with Siemens recommendations. Oversee predictive maintenance services (WIN TS) with regards to the CT & Generator routine monitoring, record keeping and failure reporting activities. Implement a data tracking system for monitoring and recording plant critical data.
- Assist in initiating and resolving product warranty claims in accordance with the terms of the contractual warranty.
In-Country Program Parts Administration
- Share access with the Buyer to update the logs of the Program Parts, including the operating time of each Program Part, Equivalent Operating Hours date, actions taken to date and a resupply history.
- Keep a register of the Program Parts by exact model and serial number of all the Program Parts and review the register regularly with the Buyer's representative.
Program Parts In-Country Management
- Order, follow up, receive, send and direct the loading and unloading of Program Parts,
- Communicate and coordinate with the Supplier's Program Management Departments to coordinate the delivery of Program Parts, Miscellaneous Hardware.
• Prior experience with combined cycle plants (operations or maintenance)
• Engineer degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills (fluent in English, Arabic is a plus)
• Familiarity with Siemens E S SF product lines and services.
• Level 3 Project Management Certification via s or equivalent (ie. PMI); selected candidate must obtain certificate as required within 18 months of selection if not available at time of selection.
With a presence of over 80 years in the Kingdom, Siemens Saudi Arabia owes much of what has been achieved in this time to its partner and sponsor, E.A. Juffali & Brothers - one of Saudi Arabia’s largest and most respected diversified business groups.
As a world leader in industry, energy, infrastructure & cities, and healthcare, Siemens has grown to hold leading positions in these sectors in the Kingdom with about 2,000 employees countrywide. Siemens activities in Saudi Arabia date back to the early 1930s when the country imported its first power plant equipment. From the very beginning Siemens has made a significant contribution to the development of the country’s infrastructure. One third of the power used in the Kingdom is transmitted and distributed by Siemens. Today, Siemens in Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the careers of young Saudis through targeted professional recruitment and training programs. The company also proactively supports the government’s efforts to effect social change in the country by recruiting Saudi women.
- Job Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Engineering
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career