Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Microsoft’s Online Services Division is committed to creating a world class search experience for users worldwide. Bing is growing the engineering team in Cairo, and we are looking for talented Program Managers who understand the online and search landscape and can help shape and support the Microsoft Bing search offering in the region.
As part of the Bing engineering team in Cairo, you’ll be working closely with developers, managing internal projects, and collaborating with multiple, geo- distributed feature teams to deliver and support a best-in-class search experience for our markets. If you have a passion for collaborating with talented individuals and partner teams, for technology, for excelling in a fast-paced environment, and for ensuring the delivery of the best possible product, then you will be interested in this exciting role.
Key Success Criteria
Success in this position requires a broad set of experiences and skills, including excellence in core engineering, program management, impact and influence, cross-team collaboration and communication skills.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in delivering software solutions in a program management capacity
- Proven capability to deeply engage with customers/partners and build a collaborative working relationship with engineering, design, and other PM organizations
- Experience in leading and motivating engineering teams
- Proven ability to drive for results and deliver in a high-paced environment
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of search technology and architecture, and to keep up with a fast changing technology environment
- Experienced in defining clear goals, setting expectations and leading multiple concurrent projects to success
- A detail-oriented, agile, and pragmatic thinker with the ability to handle a diverse number of concurrent activities and team interactions
- Strong analytical, technical and data-driven decision making skills
- A proven ability to cut through ambiguity and shape outcomes
- High energy and enthusiasm towards online and search technologies and product quality
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Windows PowerShell, Perl, or Python is highly desired
- Bachelor / Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years software development experience for large data-driven systems
- 3+ years experience as a program manager or product manager in Search or related online product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. We're motivated and inspired by how our customers and partners use our software to find creative solutions to business problems, develop breakthrough ideas and stay connected to what's important to them.
We run our company in much the same way. Our employees come as they are and do what they love. We’re a global company, located in over 100 countries, but we often act like a startup. We do software — but we also do hardware, services, research, and community outreach. We work hard, but we value work/life balance, and each of us defines what that means to us. So why not explore what we do, where we do it, and what life is really like at Microsoft? You just might be surprised.
- Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry: Information Technology
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Research
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5