Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Procurement Engineer - Contracting Division
IAS LOOTAH FACILITIES MANAGMENT
• Develop and float RFQ documents from the Project Specifications/Input from Engineering.
• Co-ordinate Technical Bid Evaluation, Do commercial Bid Evaluation and process activities to Purchase Order / Sub-Contract award
• Work within the established procedures to achieve a professional, ethical, reliable and cost effective total Procurement service through Market Research, Budget, and Estimating evaluations.
• Assist the Procurement & Contracts Management Manager in the implementation of the procurement guidelines, policies & procedures.
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies.
• Investigate potential suppliers.
• Propose enquiries to specified and non-specified vendors and obtain quotations on time.
• Receive and evaluate bids (by Purchasing Committee, if applicable) as per standard evaluation criteria and negotiate payment terms and discounts with suppliers.
• Evaluate vendors’ proposals technically in compliance with project specifications.
• Prepare and issue Purchase Orders (POs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and other related documents.
• Revise the costing for the post tender clarifications received and provide price and technical inputs to generate official Purchase Order.
• Suggest suitable technical alternatives whenever possible in coordination with the Design & Studies section and the Project Management section.
• Evaluate the supplier quotations against the tender requirements such as capacity, quantity, specifications, deviations, etc. Make comparative analysis of all the quantity & use the optimum solution.
• Interview supplier representatives regarding specifications, costs, inspection, and similar problems relating to materials, parts and equipment.
• Maintain an updated supplier database that consists of reliable and trustworthy sources.
• Ensure materials purchased are in line with the project specifications and industry practice.
• Review the terms and conditions of subcontract documentation to ensure contractual protection.
• The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English with an excellent understanding of Business Law and Contract Management.
• Should possess proven Negotiation Skills and Commercial expertise on a world wide basis.
• Extensive experience in dealing with Suppliers, Contractors, and Consultants.
• Thorough understanding of Post award activities like Vendor document follow up, vendor claims, change orders, Expediting, Third Party Inspection, shipping co-ordination, material receipt and payment until close out of the Order.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline (Civil/Structural/Mechanical/Electrical etc)
Headquartered in Dubai, UAE, IAS Lootah Facilities Management (IAS LOOTAH FM) is one of the region's most respected facilities management companies.
We offer a complete range of solutions tailor-made according to the clients' needs; and we form an operational working relationship based on two-way communication, professionalism and trust. At Lootah, we believe that clients should have the option of selecting which services would best benefit their properties/facilities and help them achieve their specific goals.
With adequate resources, in-depth regional market knowledge and a professional team, IAS LOOTAH FM is fully equipped to handle all jobs and challenges.
IAS LOOTAH FM derives strength from its professional team which consists of full-fledged Facilities Management Engineers, Technical Crews, Technicians and highly trained Staff Members.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Construction/Civil Engineering; Construction; Contracts/Purchasing
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Purchasing/Procurement
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma