Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
PILOT PROJECT MANAGER
Danish Refugee Council
- Ensure the timely implementation of the voucher project, respecting the project calendar and work plan. To raise the CD's attention on any significant blockage or delay.
- Ensure the voucher system in place fully complies with DANIDA and DRC policies and procedures
- In full cooperation with the local partner, carry on the needs assessment aiming to identify the basket of goods covered by the voucher system
- In full cooperation with the local partner and the CD carry on a profile assessment of the displaced Syrian families.
- In full cooperation with the local partner (LP) identify and select the retailers that will be involved in the project.
- In full cooperation with the LP and the CD identify, based on the commonly agreed criteria, the beneficiaries of the project.
- Supervise the implementation including: the draft of the contracts with the service providers and with the beneficiaries, regular monitoring of the quality of the services provided, collect possible complaints and queries and monitor their follow-up, close liaison with the finance department (reimbursement of the vouchers).
- Support the LP in Ma'an in the implementation of the activities under its responsibility.
- Draft the reports and issue final versions in English to be submitted to the Country Director and the Grants and Funding Manager. To draft the reports in Arabic to be submitted to MoPIC.
- Provide feedback to the LP on the quality of the project implementation and reporting and provide advice and coaching for improvement.
- Coordinate and ensure that information flows, that communication with and between the LP and stakeholders is effective.
- Prepare, facilitate and report on monthly coordination meetings with the various stakeholders of the project (these meetings should permit reporting and planning, experience sharing, capitalization of good practices, capacity building as well as decision making).
- In general, to contribute to improve the quality of the project’s processes and outcomes; to contribute to the strategic thinking for the design of the next phase.
- Ensure permanent contacts and coordination between UN agencies, governmental bodies and other stakeholders, in collaboration and coordination with the LP. To identify and liaise with bodies that could provide support to the project.
- Represent DRC in meetings as/when required by the line management.
Documentation and reporting
- Ensure relevant files are updated with progress reports, correspondence and other relevant documents.
- Provide qualitative and analytical reports to the G&F Manager on a monthly basis and respect the reporting format provided.
- Collect and analyse information and compile them for the periodic reporting to DRC.
- Report, if and when requested by the line management, on specific issues (data collection and analysis, security, implementation, staff assessment…).
Any other duties related to the nature of the job as directed by the Line Manager.
* Duty station: Amman & Maan, Jordan
Minimum relevant experience of 3 years in a similar context.
Proven experience in capacity building activities and emergency/relief projects.
Good knowledge of the emergency context in Jordan.
Good knowledge of vouchers and NFI approaches.
Background in Human Rights issues.
Experience working with underprivileged communities in the field, at grassroots level.
Working knowledge of both English and Arabic languages is essential. Good understanding of the political, security & socio-economic conditions in Jordan.
Arabic to English translation skills,
Strong networking and coordination skills,
Training facilitation skills (ToT training is a plus),
Social skills in working with community groups, teamwork, interpersonal sensitivity,
Strong interpersonal skills,
Willingness to work beyond normal office hours, weekends and public holidays,
Willingness to listen and learn, willing to accept/receive feedback and work as part of a team,
Willing to share experience with others,
Good Computer skills (MS office).
- Job Location: Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry: Community/Social Services/and Nonprofit
- Company Type: Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role: Management
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3