Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
To facilitate the efficiency of the department by organizing and supervising all administrative activities that relate to the MD and to the department team members as a whole. Coordinate and liaison with GOV departments in UAE and internationally.
Principal Accountabilities/Key Results Areas:
1. Assist the MD in all daily requirements as needed, this includes diary management, scheduling/re-scheduling of appointments and meetings, prioritizing emails, make travel arrangements, filtering phone calls.
2. Independently respond to emails and general correspondence of a routine nature on behalf of the MD
3. Represent the MD in a professional capacity at all times to all team members within DFTC as well as TECOM.
4. Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents as necessary. Attend any meetings, conferences, training as requested on the MD’s behalf - responsible to brief the MD on the actions, ideas, points, future plans etc, as discussed in absence.
5. Organize the DFTC board meetings every other month. Responsible for creating the agenda, recording the minutes, following up on the Actions and circulars on time.
6. Monitor the monthly expenditures to ensure efficient use of company funds and assets and cost-saving/energy-environmental friendly products/methods employed
7. Co-ordinates with each department within DFTC/TECOM the minutes of their weekly meetings/monthly and assists in the creation of the meeting agenda, where required. Revise the minutes as required and email the final draft to all department team members on timely manner as per policy
8. Create processes and procedures within the department to ensure a more efficient work environment for all team members.
9. Focal point for DFTC team members and all other departments within TECOM. Including, but not limited to, Human Capital, Learning & Development, Finance, CIO, Mrk, etc.
10. Understand the processes and procedures of each department within DFTC/TECOM to ensure timely service
11. Co-ordinate team building/gatherings for DFCT. Liaise with the required departments within TECOM to ensure all arrangements have been made and confirmed. Assist in creating the agenda for the gathering and any presentations to be used.
12. Focal point for DFTC, to ensure the DFTC site is updated periodically, documents are placed there for easy retrieval for all team members and for audit purposes.
13. Liaise with the appropriate departments for all maintenance and repair work within the department with the various contractors and suppliers. Including, but not limited to maintenance of the equipment/machines within DFTC, and TECOM, etc.
14. Focal point for DFTC team members and all other GOV departments within Dubai and UAE. Including, but not limited privet sector local and international, etc.
15. On time on correspondents and circulars of board meetings
Core Competencies (those highlighted are most important):
• Customer Service Orientation - Interpersonal skills
• Team Work & Co-operation
• Communication skills
• Organizational Commitment - both publically and privately be a sponsor and agent for change
• Achievement Motivation
• Flexibility - ability to adapt to change
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Organized - with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to work long hours if required
• Presentation skills
• Knowledge in general business practices and procedures.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral in English
• Excellent Communication skills in Arabic is a must
• Excellent organizational skills
• Takes initiative
Peripheral Competencies (those highlighted are most important):
• Conceptual Thinking
• Impact & Influence
• Information Seeking
• Interpersonal Understanding
• Organizational Awareness
• Self - Confidence
• Relationship Building
• Diploma/Degree in Business Administration or Business Management
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Other
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Secretarial
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Gender: Female
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma