Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
MANAGER of PROCUREMENT and LOGISTICS
Prince Sultan Advanced Technologies Institute
Reporting to the Director for Operations, the Manager of Procurement and Logistics is responsible for the development and implementation of Procurement planning, policies, processes, and procedures. He is responsible to search for the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost as well as responsibilities to deal with all relevant import and store procedures including custom clearance.
Manager of Procurement and Logistics evaluates suppliers and/or service providers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability, and selection variety. Helping Labs’ supervisors to get their required equipment, materials and tools on the right time and meeting their prerequisite quality is a continue challenge of the Manager of Procurement and Logistics that he should overcome it successfully.
Experience/Education Requirements :
• Master’s degree in Procurement Management or business administration, finance, accounting, or related field
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Procurement planning, analysis, purchasing and administration, with progressive leadership experience preferably in a research institute or similar organization
• Experience with procurement and purchasing systems
• Managerial experience
Key Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Strong knowledge of procurement, purchasing, logistics, accounting, reimbursement, reporting and managing organizations’ store department, preferably for research institutes
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience of establishing foreign and domestic suppliers, negotiating the lowest prices
• High level of working knowledge of automated procurement systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects under time constraints
• Aptitude for communication and facilitation
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and motivation to be part of a new research institute
• Administering online purchasing systems
• Acquiring materials and parts needed
• Structuring product contracts
• Studying sales records and inventory levels
• Placing orders and checking shipment
• Controlling departmental budgets
• Interviewing, hiring and overseeing staff
• Appraising products and services
Prince Sultan Advanced Technologies Research Institute (PSATRI) is founded by King Saud University (KSU) in collaboration with several government organizations. Our vision is to be recognized as a leading center for advanced research in various fields, to be able to address the high-tech needs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. PSATRI is attracting distinct expertise, both local and global, to achieve global leadership in knowledge and technology transfer.
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library; Engineering; Science
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Management
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career