Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
A well-seasoned management professional to handle the Logistics/Delivery operations for the local market. The selected candidate will handle and manage the following functions (plus any other ad-hoc projects):
- Assist the regional director in setting up the logistics operations for the local market from start to finish (including and not limited to manpower hiring, process design, software system implementation).
- Hire, train, coach and lead logistics staff; this includes Supervisors & team leaders, dispatchers, sorters, courier drivers, CS staff…. Etc.
- Adhere to the general rules & processes setup by the regional management team and adjust according to the local market needs without affecting the KPI's.
- Negotiate contracts with local suppliers/vendors for all logistics related matters; fleet leasing, branding, uniforms, signage…. Etc.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day activities and lead the local teams.
- Drive and own the KPI for successful and on-time delivery of orders.
- Work closely with Fulfillment team, Country Manager, CS team, to resolve any issues and come up with permanent solutions.
- Attend weekly management call with regional director and provide weekly status update of performance, and report/escalate all major issues immediately.
- Must come from a courier background and have worked (in operations) for a multinational courier company previously.
- Be fluent in Arabic and English, and have bachelor Degree; preferably in business management, operations/supply chain
- At least 3-5 years of management experience in the desired industry, and have led large teams in the past.
- Be a problem solver and quick to adapt to change, as well as flexible to work longer hours in the initial stages of setting up the operations.
- Lead by example and be involved in all aspects of the business to build the right teams and coach all new joiners.
- Have experience working with courier software systems in the past, and is proficient with using MS office programs (MS word, Excel, Power Point, and outlook)
Bachelor Degree preferably in business management, operations/supply chain
- Job Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Computer/Software
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Logistics
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5 Max: 7
- Residence Location: Saudi Arabia
- Nationality: United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Djibouti; Algeria; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Comoros; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Morocco; Mauritania; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; Somalia; Syria; Tunisia; Yemen
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma