Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Linux System Administrator
The duties of a Linux system administrator are usually charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining servers, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. Other duties may include scripting or light programming, project management for systems-related projects.
- User administration (setup and maintaining account).
- Maintain system.
- Verify that peripherals are working properly.
- Monitor system performance.
- Create file systems.
- Install software.
- Create a backup and recovery policy.
- Monitor network communication.
- Update system as soon as new version of OS and application software comes out.
- Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network.
- Set-up security policies for users.
- Strong knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers (networking and storage) and Oracle application system administration.
- Strong grasp of computer security, e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Strong working knowledge of storage environments (SAN and NAS).
- Solid experience with multi-server environment / deployments.
- Good knowledge in High Availability and failover scenarios, load balanced environments.
- Software experience with Apache, PHP, sendmail, postfix, LDAP, Radius, bind, and clustering.
- Familiarity with databases and web programming languages and automation.
- Automation via scripting (Perl, Python, Shell).
- File Replication, File System Tuning, Upgrading, Configuring, and Troubleshooting.
- Disaster Recovery.
- Documentation processes and procedures.
- Ability to work well with customers and in a cross-team environment and to mentor within teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to gather requirements, design and implement appropriate solutions.
- Strong process oriented experience in terms of implementation and completion.
- Red Hat Certification Engineering experience is preferred.
- Solaris, SuSE and other Linux distributions experience is a plus.
Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Job Location: Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry: Information Technology
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 3
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 7
- Residence Location: Jordan
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma