Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The function of the HSSE officer is to ensure that all Company HSSE policies, procedures and systems are communicated, understood and adhered to, to work towards a goal of zero harm to people, the environment and equipment.
Responsible for all of the policies, practices, and operations for the Safety, Health, and Environmental functions within the plant operations and the site security.
Promoting and developing a strong safety culture oriented towards continuous improvement and in reinforcing HSE leadership from key Company staff.
Under guidance of the group HSEQ manager:
•Develop, set and achieve HSSE objectives, measurements and targets
• Ensure health, safety, security and environmental working conditions and standards are followed at all times and continually improved.
• Establish and ensure implementation of best safety practices
• Advise Management on all matters pertaining to safety and health including compliance with local Legislation on safety and health
• Implementation of policies, procedures and systems to develop and maintain a healthy safety culture.
• Enforce safe working practices and ensure recordable incidents are kept to a minimum.
• Apply the overall Group’s standards and guidelines on HSE.
• Perform regular audits and monitor HSSE performance to identify areas for improvement, and ensure that appropriate corrective or preventative actions are taken, including follow-up reviews.
• Plan and implement HSE programs and promotional activities (i.e. campaigns, competitions, safety days)
• Maintain incident / accident and near miss reporting, investigation and root cause analysis.
• Prepare statistics pertaining to the plant HSSE activities.
• Organize, conduct, report and advise on risk assessments for HSE related matters
• Organize and conduct toolboxs and other safety meetings.
• Develop and provide relevant HSSE training and induction to employees, contractors and visitors as well internal as external.
• Schedule, conduct, follow up and document HSE related inspections (i.e. lifting equipment, fire installation and equipment, waste water and air quality measurements, authority site inspections, Infrared thermography inspections, …)
• Responsible for the management of HSE related emission points (waste streams, pollution sources, radioactive sources, …)
• Development, Optimization and implementation of complete emergency response plan for the facility
• Organizes and heads the plant safety committee
• Certification in safety management (NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent)
• Auditing Techniques (OHSAS18001 / ISO14001 Internal Auditor or equivalent)
• Computer skills: thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office - MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint and MSOutlook. Knowledge of Visio or other software for flowcharting is an advantage.
• Having working experience in documenting and implementing HSE management systems like ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 is an advantage.
• Experience: minimum 2-5 years’ and proven track record in a HSE role with experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to implement HSSE Policies and associated management Systems. Able to provide detailed audit reports, with relevant required preventive and corrective actions. Organisational, documentation and technical writing skills
Minimum high school graduate, preferably in Safety management or technical direction.
Technical oriented mindset / insight is a plus.
Fluent in English, Arabic is an add-on but not required.
Self-starter and highly motivated
Clear and concise communicator
Very orderly and organized individual
Effective interpersonal skills including effective presentation and conflict resolution skills, ability to provide leadership, teamwork and proactive approach.
Creative, able to work autonomous, flexible, adaptable.
Mattex Group composed of Mattex Fabrics and Greenvision, develops and produces primary and secondary carpet backings, artificial grass backings, geotextiles as well as artificial grass solutions both for sport and landscaping applications.
We started the production of carpet backings from polypropylene granulates in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, in 1996.
Today we have 3 state-of-the-art production facilities (Mattex Fabrics & Greenvision) of 40,000 m² (Jeddah and Dubai), warehouses and representative offices in Australia/New Zealand, Europe, Middle East, USA and Africa.
We earned our success by the following ingredients:
* Unmatched quality levels, thanks to the newest equipment,
know-how and team effort.
* Loyal customer base, leaders in the industry in terms of innovation,
growth and volumes.
* Continuous growth, which leads to one of the strongest positions
in the industry.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Manufacturing and Production
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Safety
- Joining Date: 2012-09-01
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Entry Level
- Degree: Certification / diploma