Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Head of Operations
Exel Saudi Arabia
Exel Saudi Arabia is currently looking to recruit an Operations Head to lead and guide, manage and develop the Operations Warehouse Team, to meet the set objectives of Exel Saudi Arabia Operational Goals, by constantly implementing and improving various beneficial strategies that it complies with Exel Saudi Arabia policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
•The major accountabilities for this role is to understand Customers standards and requirements and ensure they are implemented in the operation.
•Ensure the effective achievement of Exel Saudi Arabia Operations Department functional objective through the leadership by setting individual objective, managing performance, monitoring KPI’s, developing and motivation staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal in order to maximize subordinate and departmental performance in a multi site environment.
•Develop and maintain long-term business relationships with existing and prospective customers.
•Proactively develop plans to optimize each customer's Exel experience.
•Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the Warehouse to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
•Plan, direct and co-ordinate the resources of the Operations Department toward the effective achievement of the operation plan
•Produce monthly operational performance report and ensure Operations Control maintains an updated IT information System on the Warehouse contents movements and Inventories.
Who We Are:
Exel - Saudi Arabia, today is part of Deutsche Post DHL family and represents DHL Supply Chain division in Saudi Arabia division
Our presence in Saudi Arabia starts with formal joint ventures with Olayan Group of companies established in early stage of 2002. The joint venture supports the operations of Olayan companies in Saudi Arabia also offers a broad range of contracted logistics services to other companies such Saudi Aramco in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. In addition to traditional warehousing and distribution, the company specializes in international supply chain management, value-added and pre-retailing, e-commerce, bonded warehousing and information management services
The company offered services include:
- Collection of goods from overseas suppliers
- Arrange transfer of goods from overseas supplier to port of origin
- Using DHL Exel’s global purchasing power, arrange inbound sea and / or air freight
- At Jeddah, Riyadh Dry Port, Dammam and Dammam Bonded Zone
- Transport of ambient, chilled and frozen products from ports of entry
- In excess of 150,000 pallet positions across KSA
- Sites in Riyadh, Al Khobar, Dammam Bonded Zone, Jeddah and Abha
- Ambient, chilled and frozen storage
- DHL Exel provides a scheduled and non-scheduled service to our clients enabling them to transfer goods between sites when they need to reposition inventory (typically, as goods enter a KSA port, clients often need to reposition part of the consignment to other regions)
- Temperature controlled and ambient service provided
- Assemble goods at our Distribution Centres to meet customer orders
- Delivery of orders from DHL Exel Distribution Centres to retail outlets
- In excess of mix fleet profile of more than 300 vehicles cover nationwide
- More than 1000 logistics personnel covers daily operations activity in 20 locations around kingdom
- Mix size of 3, 5, 7, 10 and 20 tone vehicles
- A Mix of temperature controlled and ambient vehicles
- Scheduled and non-scheduled service from UAE to KSA
- DHL Exel has invested heavily in new IT Solution.
The company is currently running the Exceed Warehouse Management System across its sites.
•deep understanding of the entire Supply Chain process and the shipping industry and its Agency functions
•Strong Communication and interpersonal Skill
•Quality management- looks for ways to improve and promote quality, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
•Problem Solving & Decision Making Skills
•Strong command of the English language both verbal and written, Arabic is a plus
Minimum 10 years experience in a managerial position in a warehousing / trucking logistics operation handling 100+ vehicles, track & trace systems, materials handling, storage, distribution and value added logistics operations.
University Graduate Degree in (Operations or Logistic) will preferred
- Job Location: Dammam, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Distributions and Logistics; Warehousing; Shipping
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Logistics
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 7
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma