Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Head of Legal Department / Legal Advisor
Manage Legal Department in order to protect bank’s interest by provision of sound advice on legal & compliance aspects to the Business divisions & support functions across the bank.
Contribute in the development process of bank’s policies, procedures and controls at various levels through input of legal advice on relevant aspects referred.
Coordinate with External Law firms in order to pursue legal cases for and against the bank to protect banks interest.
- Provide Legal Advice to the management on any matter related to banks functioning, expansion proposals, setting up of new subsidiaries, strategic moves etc.
- Provide efficient support to Executive Management by developing compliance strategy in line with bank’s overall strategic goals and objectives
- Provide necessary legal support to all Branches and Head Office departments.
- Supervise & follow up execution of legal cases in liaison with law firms
- Draft legal documentation, contracts etc as needed by the bank,
- Guide necessary departments for effective execution of mortgages, and undertaking of securities
- Submit audit report to General Management & the Board of Directors
01. Qualification: Bachelor Degree in Law plus Licence / Diploma in Legal Practice
02. Nationality: Any (UAE National preferred)
03. Gender : Any (Male preferred)
04. Age: 40 Years plus
05. Language: Bilingual -Arabic & English
B. Skills / Competencies:
Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English & Arabic
Excellent Analytical & Problem resolution Skills
Strong Organization, Planning and Decision Making skills
Optimistic & Results Oriented
Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Behavioral competencies
Strong IT skills and understanding of Banking Systems
Excellent knowledge of UAE Laws, and Legal System in the country
Sound knowledge of Banking products and Services in general
Sound knowledge of lending practices, collaterals, securities, mortgages etc.
Awareness of UAE Central Bank regulations
D. Experience - Minimum 15 Years covering the following:
5 years of Legal Practice in any well reputed firm in UAE.
3 years in any International Legal Firm in any country preferably in GCC
5 years in Banking Industry in Legal, Debt recovery &/ Collection Operations
E. Remuneration & Package:
Gross Monthly Salary : About AED 50,000/- including Housing Allowance (Salary commensurate with experience & negotiable) + Bonus + Airfare + Car Allowance + Furniture Allowance + Children Education Allowance + Club Membership Fee + Family Health Insurance + Personal Life & Accident Insurance
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Company Industry: Banking
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Law/Legal
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: US$10,000 - $15,000
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 15
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma