Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
HC Manager - Human Capital
The Dubai office is looking for an experienced HR practitioner with a proven track record in delivering high-quality HR solutions within a professional services environment. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with experience of managing a small team within an exciting environment that is continuing to grow. As a result, this candidate will be able to deal with the ambiguity of a changing landscape whilst continuing to contribute to and deliver on a number of strategic and operational objectives.
- HC business partner to Partners, Directors and staff in PwC Dubai office.
- Manage the operational HC service for the business working with finance and other regional IFS groups.
- Manage the HC administrators/officers in both offices to ensure operational support is delivered effectively and efficiently.
- Facilitate the management and organisation of local support staff and secretarial groups on behalf of the office partner in charge.
Advise Country leadership on:
- Performance management
- Implementation of regional and local L&D
- Employee relations
- Manage the delivery of these areas in the context of the Middle East HC strategy and using regional HC support and systems and local HC administrator/officer level support.
Develop, facilitate and maintain a development culture by:
- Advising line managers (Team Leaders, Directors and Partners) in the performance management of their staff (coaching them in feedback and appraisal skills, in delivering positive and tough messages) to make people management an ongoing process.
- Encouraging and coaching Partners, Directors and staff to use the PwC Development framework to build PwC Experience skills and culture.
- Assisting the local office co-ordinator to facilitate the management and organisation of local support staff and secretarial groups on behalf of the office partner in charge.
The jobholder would typically be professionally qualified (eg. to HR Masters, UK CIPD or equivalent), possibly also having studied to postgraduate level in business, organisational/people development.
Work experience would have demonstrated:
- A proven track-record in understanding the business and influencing the business in HC and people objectives.
- Broad experience of HR policy and legal experience
- Good consulting and relationship management skills
- Credibility to work with senior people
- Ability to match business priorities to people strategies and actions
- Specific technical expertise: Computer literate, particularly with Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Specific skills required:
HR technical skills: performance management, ER, training delivery
- Good interpersonal skills and ability communicate/ manage up the way;
- Quickly build and maintain relationships;
- Coach and develop team;
- Pragmatic and reasoned thinker who is driven by delivering a superior client service and is focused on solving problems.
PricewaterhouseCoopers is one of the largest providers of assurance, tax and business consulting services. We believe that the best outcomes are achieved through close collaboration with our clients and the many stakeholder communities we serve. So every day, 169,00 PwC people in 154 countries work hard to build strong relationships with others and understand the issues and aspirations that drive them.
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients, our people and the wider investing public are looking for.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Accounting/Auditing
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Human Resources/Personnel
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Degree: Master's degree