Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
General Description: The Export Consultant should, against the Intertek GTS Operational and Quality Procedures, and other specific Contract Instructions, AIRs, Guidelines etc., perform opening of ASTRA job-record, AD Entry, Data Verification, Inspection Coordination, handle Inter-office Inspection Requests, Issue Certificates / Labels within the given deadlines and against the relevant instructions and documentation. Export Consultant is also the main contact for exporters and should be able to respond to general enquiries, guidelines instructions etc.,
Inspection and Certification Coordination
• Perform AD Data Verification and/or data entry
• Inform the exporters if any additional information required or if some information is missing
• Handling of inspection requests as per CO operational guidelines and time schedules
• Checking the credit availability of the exporter before forwarding the file to the Inspection department and inform the exporter accordingly.
• Scheduling inspections and tests (incl. obtaining quotations from laboratories)
• Inform the exporter about the testing (charges and the laboratory details)
• Respond to queries & contact with suppliers, inspection site and exporters
• Responding and liaising with inspectors
• Coordinate inter-office Inspection requests
• Instruct inspector of procedures and work requirements
• Verify inspection report, test data, AIRs and perform Inspection completion.
• Follow up on late inspections
• Follow up on discrepancies and entries. Sending reminders to the exporters
• Co-ordinate with the Program Management for clarification on discrepancy observed
• Verification of final documents against AD documents and Inspection Reports
• Ensure correctness of Final Documents.
• Drafting the file according the inspector’s findings and the final invoice
• Prepare invoices, collect fees and/or coordinate with accounts department
• Preparing, proofing and finalizing certificates accurately
• Issuing re-issues and amendments upon request
• Upload all file related documents and communications into respective fields of ASTRA job record
• Assist colleagues when needed and voluntarily
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
Virtual Library and Quality System
• Be updated with GTS Virtual Library
• Periodically review GTS Quality Management System updates on the VL
• Share information and latest GTS happenings with the staff
• Ensure file deadlines are met and GTS operational procedures are followed
• Ensure all documents and supporting evidences are uploaded (via zeta-fax, email or scanned) in the file.
• Perform work with consistency, accuracy and responsiveness
• Abide Intertek GTS code of ethics and confidentiality agreement
• Monitor consumption of certificate paper, labels and stickers to prevent supplies running out and inform the dept Manager
• Maintain daily log of all ROF paper used in the department; including details of any void certificates.
• Ensure controls in place for certificate paper sent to satellite offices/remote printing facilities.
• Maintain and verify certificate paper control logs as stipulated in the GS Operational Guidelines on Security
Meetings / Customer Service
• Attend meetings with exporters, agents, manufacturers, trade bodies etc. as required.
• Submit the minutes of the meeting to the department Manager.
• Review, assess and analyze complaints of clients/ exporters/ importers, if any and take remedial action to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Contact and regain lost clients
• Look out for new business opportunities
• Maintain business relationship with existing clients
• Rotate reception duties during receptionists lunch breaks and holidays
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Excellent in MS Office
• Time Management Skills
• Task Management Skills
Intertek is the industry leader with more than 35,000 experts in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. Intertek Group PLC is a listed company on the London Stock Exchange within the top 100 companies in the FTSE 100.
Whether your business is local or global, we can ensure your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivalled.
For more than 100 years, companies around the world have depended on Intertek to ensure the quality and safety of their products, processes and systems. Intertek has issued more than 1.5 million certificates and test reports to companies wishing to export their products to countries such as Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Nigeria, Algeria, Kenya and the Philippines. We provide export support services including certification, inspection and laboratory testing which positions us as the best placed to assist exporters.
The Intertek Group operates in seven separate divisions. Where customers need input from more than one part of the Group, the divisions work together to ensure a smooth and efficient service. The divisions are Government Services (GS), Consumer Goods (CG), Oil, Chemical & Agri (OC&I) and Commercial & Electrical (C&E), Minerals, Industrial Services (IS) and Analytical Services (AS)]
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Oil/Gas
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Support Services
- Joining Date: 2012-09-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2 Max: 7
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma