Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Qatar National Broadband Network
Department: Network Operations & Maintenance
• Inside Plant Maintenance Manager
• Responsible for supervising the installation, acceptance, handover & maintaining the electro-mechanical activities of the CO Sites in coordination with the assigned vendors.
• Perform moderately complex duties in the electrical, electronic, electromechanical, or mechanical areas.
• Construct, troubleshoot, calibrate, adjust, test, and maintain equipment, components, devices, or systems within the CO sites.
• Interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, specifications, and control diagrams.
• Develop or modify products and equipment to requirements/specifications.
• Supervise electro mechanical work including but not limited to generator, ATS, UPS, electrical wiring, cabling, BMS,HVAC, Plumbing, fire fighting, fire alarm, access, security and surveillance systems and other mechanical equipments.
• Direct and supervise day to day work activities of vendors to ensure proper implementation and execution.
• Conduct inspection/ investigation on CO buildings and evaluate services provided by the Vendor.
• Handle, implement and address all maintenance issues within CO sites.
• Ensure timely preventive and corrective maintenance is made to all CO sites.
• Monitor and coordinate with vendors any maintenance activities completion ensuring that their work is properly completed.
• Follow up & escalate any major electro-mechanical issues identified and ensure a timely resolution.
• Prepare technical reports for proper documentation and provide updates to the direct supervisor.
• Ensure compliance with government and client standards, execute corrective measures if necessary.
• Practice duties and roles in line with the authorities as illustrated in the authority matrix.
• This covers the key responsibilities to be performed, but is not all inclusive. It doesn’t preclude other responsibilities from being assigned and undertaken.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• At least 3 years of progressive experience in a similar position within the telecommunications industry or related field.
Qatar National Broadband Network Company (Qnbn) is an independent company wholly owned by the government, with a mandate to enable accessible high-speed communications with the right cutting edge technology platform across Qatar. Through its visionary and collaborative approach to the market, Qnbn will help to empower the nation with broadband fiber access to citizens and businesses alike in line with the Qatar ICT Strategy 2015.
Qnbn aims to have maximum coverage by 2015 as it serves the wider digitization agenda of the country. The next generation fiber optics network which is the alternative to copper will become exponentially faster, bringing community and enterprise benefits of enhanced delivery of services, cost savings, increased competitiveness and improved sustainability.
Qnbn will focus solely on the deployment of a passive network infrastructure, providing equal and open access to operators to offer choice for the end-user and efficiently leveraging existing and new infrastructure in Qatar. Hence Qnbn is committed to building a shareable fiber optic network and providing access to it on an open, equal and non-discriminatory basis to licensed telecommunications operators whilst providing a choice of operators to end users.
The company will work closely with the private sector, specifically network operators that are investing in a fiber-network to ensure efforts are not duplicated and assets are shared to maximize impact.
Qnbn, one of the first government initiatives in the region, is the reflection of Qatar’s Vision 2030 and the government’s commitment towards becoming the best connected country in the GCC and one of the most connected in the world.
Qnbn operates within the existing laws and under license conditions issued by ictQATAR.
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Telecommunications
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma