Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Pharaonic American Life Insurance Company - MetLife Alico
• Provide overall supervision of all administrative database environments.
• Establish the needs of users and plan data-flows for a new or revised database
• Map out the 'conceptual design' for a planned database and consider both 'back end' organization of data and 'front end' accessibility for end users
• Implement physical data structures into database
• Implement data standards across all databases, including MetLife Database and Data Classification standards
• Write and maintain database documentation, including definitions for the data dictionary ('metadata');
• Control access permissions and privileges on databases
• Develop and implement database backup and recovery procedures and ensuring they are functioning correctly
• Communicate regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff, to ensure the database integrity and security;
• Installing new applications as well as assisting in debugging of problems as needed
•Bachelor Degree in Information Technology field/Computer Science OR 10 or more years of IT experience
•Microsoft Windows 2000/2003 and XP administration
• HTTP server exposure
• Microsoft ASP
• Microsoft SQL
• Microsoft Access
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Oracle database exposure
• Thorough knowledge in ITIL Service Continuity Management (Disaster Recovery)
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery planning and techniques
• Effective team player that can resolve conflict and offer win-win solutions to complex business challenges
• Strong networking skills
• Strong Client communication skills
• Very thorough Follow up skills
• Strong verbal and written communications
• Experience in Disaster Recovery planning
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and other departments.
Information Technology field/Computer Science
The Pharaonic American Life Insurance Company- Alico (MetLife Alico) was incorporated in Egypt in 1997. It is the first life insurance company to enter the Egyptian market with a major shareholding of an international life insurance company.
Over the past years, MetLife Alico’s accomplishments in Egypt have proved its capabilities in offering and distributing insurance plans & services for life insurance, accident and health insurance, retirement planning, and wealth management solutions to more than 470 thousand customers.
Metlife Inc. is a leading global provider of insurance, annuities and employee benefits program, serving 90 million customers in over 50 countries.
Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, Metlife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East.
In the Middle East, Metlife companies provide consumers and business with life insurance, accident & health insurance, retirement planning and wealth management solutions through its branches and subsidiaries in Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Jordan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Turkey, Palestine and Egypt.
- Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry: Insurance
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Administration
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma