Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Conversion Plant Operations Coordinator (Drip & Medical/Pharma)
Petrochemical Conversion Company
Provides Operations expertise for two Conversion Plants (Drip Irrigation Plant and Medical/Pharma Plant) at PCC Jubail site and promotes proactive safety behaviours to a multi-cultural workforce during project construction, commissioning and start up phases.
Supports the Plant Superintendent in leading the Production Team(s) for their plant(s) in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. Promotes team work within the groups, and teaches others to operate in a safe, incident free, reliable manner that reduces costs, increases productivity, and continually reduces the risk of accidents, and injuries.
Interacts with other departments within the organization (engineering, QA/QC, HSES, maintenance, etc.) to maintain and improve the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the operations.
1. ENGINEERING & PROCUREMENT PHASE
- Participates in the development of plans, and procedures for the commissioning and start up of the plants.
- Participates in the development of all training plans, schedules, presentations, modules, qualification tests and other tools needed to prepare operators to operate the plant in a safe, incident free manner.
- Ensures all documents and information are developed, and managed in a manner that aligns with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the transition of project information to plant document management systems as required ensuring long term availability of critical documents (PSI data, procedures, design specs and codes, etc.)
- Supports Plant Superintendent in preparing operating costs and analysis as required.
- Participates in other project activities as assigned by the Plant Superintendent.
- Work effectively with multi-cultural personnel to execute work assignments.
2. CONSTRUCTION, COMMISSIONING, START UP PHASE
Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by role modelling safe behaviours and demonstrates practical knowledge of typical safe work practices, and procedures.
- Promotes the concept of proactive safety, and takes personal responsibility to seek out “at risk” behaviours and conditions in order to achieve the overall goal of zero incidents.
- Supports the deployment of the Plant training process, and provides mentoring and coaching to new employees to ensure they are fully qualified in all their responsibilities and successful in their work activities.
- Support in the execution of plant commissioning and start up plans for assigned areas.
3. PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
Ensures all personnel document and maintain practices, and procedures that ensure safe, incident-free, reliable, cost effective plant operations and maintenance activities.
4. TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Ensures training programs are developed and deployed for operators so they will work in a safe, incident-free manner. Ensures that personnel develop practices, procedures and training programs for all operations activities. Ensure operators understand and follow all plant safe work processes, Plant Tenets of Operations, and their roles and responsibilities for executing the plant Operational Excellence Management System practices and procedures.
5. CONTINUOUS RELIABILITY IMPROVEMENT
Ensures plant operators identify and track efficiency and cost data associated with operations activities. Develop and communicate strategic improvement plans for operations.
6. STRATEGIC PLANNING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Ensure improvement plans are aligned with and integrated into plant budgeting processes.
7. CONTRACTOR MANAGEMENT
Provide direct oversight and coordination of contract personnel to ensure they work safely and provide a high quality of services.
8. DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
Document and maintain critical operations policies, practices and procedures in accordance with the plant Operational Excellence System Standards and Specifications. Ensures personnel carry out document management and retention activities as scheduled and in a timely manner.
OPERATING CONTEXT, BOUNDARIES AND DECISION MAKING
The job holder provides organizational leadership and accountability for two conversion operations teams. They will lead their teams during the owner’s cost procurement, commissioning and start up, and operations activities
Decisions: Approves all decisions relating to operations priorities and activities. Makes recommendations and develops proposals for budgets, staffs, and changes in procedures to support best practices and improve the efficiency and results of Operations activities.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications: 7-10 years of industry experience operating or supporting plastic conversion plants. Plastic extrusion, injection molding, and injection blow molding manufacturing experience preferred. Having knowledge of clean-room operations is a plus. Supervisory experience is preferred. Having an engineering degree or a technical degree is a plus.
Training: Must have knowledge and experience with plant operations including operations planning, training, scheduling, safe work practices, and incident free operations practices.
Skills: Must have excellent communications skills. Proficient in MS-Office programs. Strong interpersonal and mentoring skills and organizational accountability processes; good multi-tasking skills.
Experience: Prefer candidates with supervisor experience in manufacturing environment. Middle East operational experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Having an engineering degree or a technical degree is a plus
- Job Location: Jubail, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: Petrochemicals; Manufacturing; Pharmaceutical
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Engineering
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 7
- Gender: Male
- Nationality: India; Philippines; Pakistan; Saudi Arabia