Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The following job description is for a Category Manager position at a multinational firm.
• Market Analyst
• Marketing Coordinator
To develop and implement plans to maximize the market share and profitability of the assigned category while maintaining a clear activity calendar to support the category sales, coverage and distribution across the various trade channels.
• Achieve the category’s set sales (volume and value) target and market share.
• Assess and maximize assigned category sales, coverage, profit and numeric & weighted distribution in the assigned market, and submittal of tactical and long term recommendations on assigned category performance.
• Monitor sales performance in comparison to sales forecasts / target and coordinate with the sales department to identify suitable action if deviations are present.
• Set the category’s sales targets (in conjunction with the sales department) and follow-up on progress to ensure that the approved budget is spent as per category development plan.
• Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of assigned category covering consumer behavior; brand performance; and competitors’ performance to assist the company in correctly assessing the health of the category and overall brand.
• Identify new developments and improvement opportunities required in existing products to maintain competiveness through market analysis reports.
• Conducts regular visits to assigned market to evaluate category performance and monitor the execution of all aspects related to the category such as distribution, pricing, and promotional activities.
• Prepare merchandising Planogram and standards and coach / train the merchandising teams in conducting merchandising excellence at the POP.
• Maintains close coordination with all concerned departments with regards to the category projects and plans.
• Directly involved in the forecasting process and to be aligned on all rolling adjustments affecting the performance of the assigned category.
• Manage and control direct subordinates to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and perform their responsibilities to the required standards.
• Maintains close coordination with the external agencies (advertising agency, retail audit agency, premiums suppliers & agencies, etc..)to ensure proper support is maintained.
• Proposes the annual category budget and is directly responsible for the budget spending as per approved plan.
• Track, analyze and report on customers’ trend / behavior and competitors' activities by brand through field visits and through timely report.
• Ensures timely reporting to the Head of Category on : Bi weekly (Category Report), Monthly (Tracking sheets & Market Visits), Quarterly (Price Mapping & Business reviews & Retail Audit Analysis report), Yearly (Business plans & Business Reviews).
$3500 - $4500 full package for Category Manager
$5500 - $6000 full package for Head of Category Management
Education & Knowledge:
• Bachelor of Marketing or Equivalent
• Knowledge of marketing, sales &merchandising, brand management, category management, brand building & marketing, and consumer behavior.
• MS Office applications
• Written and spoken fluency in English & Arabic languages
3 years’ experience in a similar role of which at least 1 year are in a category management role.
Marketing or Management
Dynamic Recruit is a recruitment and HR consulting firm, but we are different in our methodology and focus. We believe that the Employers and Job Seekers are both our clients. Therefore, they deserve equal attention and high quality services.
Our goal is to provide Employers with top candidates and Job Seekers with the best career opportunities.
We offer our different clients a unique set of services, which are all provided on a one-to-one personal basis without exception. Even though we utilize the latest technologies and processes in our work, we believe that recruitment and consulting are people-driven, so we do our best to stay true to that.
Here are the different services we offer:
Employer Services: Staffing & recruiting, executive search, recruitment & HR consulting, workshops.
Job Seeker Services: Job search, customized cover letters, professional resume writing, creative resume design, interview and training workshops
For more information, visit www.dynamicrecruit.com.
- Job Location: Jeddah , Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry: FMCG
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Marketing/PR
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: Yes
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3 Max: 5
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma