Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Al-Ostoura International Co.
Fashion buyer needs a sense of retail and product trends and strong analytical experience. Previous experience is required.
The person for this role will have the following responsibilities:
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends;
- Regularly reviewing performance indicators, e.g. sales and discount levels;
- Managing plans for stock levels;
- Reacting to changes in demand;
- Reacting to changes in logistics;
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract;
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products;
liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed;
- Attending trade fairs, to select and assemble a new collection of products;
- Participating in promotional activities;
- Writing reports and forecasting sales levels;
- Presenting new ranges to senior retail managers;
- Liaising with shop personnel to ensure product/collection supply meets demand;
- Seeking merchandise feedback from customers;
- Training and mentoring junior staff on product knowledge.
- Buyers will have computer skills and working knowledge of resource planning and forecasting.
- Theory and practices of purchasing, including ethics, standards, quality control;
- Data collection techniques for establishing sources of supply, product, and vendor information;
- Market research techniques; general law of contracts; statistical analysis; accounting and budgetary controls;
- Office procedures; use of office automation to assist in the purchasing function;
- General computer applications used in business, such as spreadsheet, data base, word processing software.
Since 1985, Al Ostoura has been recognized of being an avant-garde fashion retailer in Kuwait. As the years progressed, Al Ostoura has grown to become one of the biggest fashion retailers with over 40 operated stores covering all the different commercial areas in Kuwait.
With 5,000 sq meters of multi-brands and over 25 exclusive mono-brands, it is clear that Al Ostoura is now able to give its customers a wide variety of authentic branded clothing, leather goods and accessories.
- Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
- Company Industry: Fashion Design; Retail/Wholesale
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Purchasing/Procurement
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 3
- Residence Location: Kuwait
- Gender: Female
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma