Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Branch Accountant | Al Futtaim Automall | Dubai
Al Futtaim Group
About the business:
Al-Futtaim Automall is the Used Car Division of the Al-Futtaim Group and has been developed following extensive customer research, using worldwide best practices with the addition of market-leading customer service which everyone expects from the Al-Futtaim Group.
About the job:
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Branch Accountant, to be based in our Dubai office.
The incumbent will be a part of the team that supports the management information requirements of the division. The person performing the role would be involved in the process of finalisation of monthly and annual accounts for the Branch.
Specific Tasks to be carried out include:
- Preparation of Monthly Management Accounts of the Division
- Timely and Accurate Reporting of Actual Results
- Preparation of variance statements, analysis and alerts
- Preparation of Information Pack for Monthly Board Meetings
- Communication with branches on variances, and addressing queries related to management accounts
- Preparation of Annual Budgets and Rolling Forecasts
- Preparation of feasibility studies for new projects
- Preparation of Reports and Ad-hoc studies as required
- Analyse financial impact of emerging trends on business and alert business unit(s) of any potential opportunities and risks.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following experience:
- An Accounting Qualification
- Strong computer skills - ERP knowledge, preferably SAP. Advanced MS-Excel knowledge
- At least 5 years accounting experience within a large organisation
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal, knowledge of Arabic would be an advantage
- Ability to work well in a team
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Automotive; Accounting/Auditing
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career