Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Area Manager (Retail)
Zero Five Zero Telecom
1. Main Responsibility:
To optimise the performance of the sales functions thereby maximising profitability and customer service whilst enhancing the reputation of the company. Determine marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and branches sales records
2. Specific Duties:
1. Complete store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
2. Maintain store staff by orienting and training employees
3. Maintain store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
4. Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
5. Ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories
6. Formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends
7. Market merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans; analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios
8. Secure merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
9. Protect employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
10. Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
11. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
12. Maintain operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
13. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• College Degree in the field of Business/Marketing/Sales/Retail
• Must have at least 5 years experience in the Telecom Industry
• With experience in management of at least 10 branches
• Experience of managing a complex shop floor operation. This includes managing multiple retail units and seasonality of demand.
• Significant management experience which has included development of strategic plans and change management
• A positive, can do approach, one that wants to test new things and seeks continual improvement.
50telecom was founded in 1997 with the aim of becoming one of the leading providers of telecom products and services guaranteed by quality and based on customer care. The company's strategies are formulated according to its vision, as a result of which it has witnessed phenomenal growth from a single retail shop to a dominant enterprise.
050telecom has a dominating presence in UAE's major shopping malls, and an ever-expanding client base thanks to optimum customer satisfaction, outreach programmes and a range of products which speak volumes of its quality, management and professionalism.
The Dubai-based company is aiming to reach its target of 30 branches in the country by 2011. Further expansion, up to 50%, will be made by 2012 to increase its reach and enhance services.
050telecom independently works with Etisalat Corporation, the leading telecom service provider in the UAE, Middle East and Asia. 050telecom branded products and services are exclusive and unique.
A series of successes in all areas of operation such as management, distribution, sales, customer care and other business to business relations earned the company an ISO 9001-2008 certification in 2008 from GCAS.
- Job Location: Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry: Telecommunications
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Management
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 5
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma