Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Samsung Electronics Levant
Position: Android Developer
Description: Seeking a talented Android Developer to mold complex requirements into elegant, user-centric solutions that look and feel just right to the audience.
• Mobile development including application logic, user interface implementation, 3rd party integrations, networking, and storage for Android applications using best development practices.
• Collaborate with project leads and team members on product and architectural design.
• Contribute new product ideas to improve the delivered product.
• Participate in agile development practices.
Education and Experience:
• Experience with Android APIs and Frameworks
• 2+ years experience Android application development
• Advanced object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, problem solving, and complexity analysis, design patterns skills.
• BS / MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering or related field.
Required Skills for Android Developer:
• Experience in database design, implementation on SQLite
• Experience in implementing effective user interfaces following the Android UI guidelines
• Strong knowledge and experience in Java is a must.
• Experience detecting / correcting performance and memory usage issues
• Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
• Good organizational and problem solving skills
• Good team player who is self-motivated and well organized
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• An eye for great design and user experience.
• Able to communicate and collaborate effectively with team members.
• Able to follow the Software Development Lifecycle (SDL).
• Knowledge of Application markets ecosystem is preferred
Samsung’s Electronics Levant established its regional offices in the Jordanian capital Amman with the purpose of increasing public awareness to the Samsung brand and strengthening the brand’s position in the Jordanian, Syrian, Lebanese, Iraqi and Palestinian markets. With a progressive work environment and a team of dynamic experts, working at Samsung Electronics Levant opens numerous doors for skilled and ambitious individuals wishing to experience a vibrant, varied and constantly rewarding career path.
Vision & Mission
Samsung aspires to create new technologies and innovative products that inspire the world, while delivering new value to enhance the lives of customers, partners and employees. Samsung unveiled this new corporate vision - “Inspire the World, Create the Future” - in late 2009 as a roadmap for the company’s evolution over the next 10 years.
- Job Location: Amman, Jordan
- Company Industry: Information Technology; Telecommunications; Computer/Software
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Technology/IT
- Joining Date: 2013-09-30
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2 Max: 10
- Residence Location: Jordan
- Nationality: Jordan
- Degree: Bachelor's degree