Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company Qatar
Primary scope includes maintaining accounts payables and receivables, operational banking and treasury duties, and general administration.
In addition, responsibilities also include assisting the Chief Accountant with more complex accounting functions and issues, internal and external reporting, and acting as backup to the Chief Accountant when required.
Work requires independent judgement on various technical accounting issues and the ability to work on a self directed basis, with work product being reviewed and approved from time to time by the Chief Accountant upon completion.
• Prepare and issue monthly financial reports and reconciliation for all GL accounts to management.
• Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Ensure that all GL entries are accurate, charged to the correct accounts and cost centers and that sufficient backup documentation is approved and attached to every entry.
• Process expense claims efficiently and within agreed time limits, answer queries with professionalism and with a positive, customer focused approach.
• Provide full financial accounting control for the account payable function, including the creating and updating of vendors in SAP, recording and processing all invoices received, paying of invoices received from third parties for goods and services provided to CPChem, and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
• Provide full financial accounting control for the account receivable function, including the reimbursable expenses incurred by CPChem Qatar for employees/customers based in Qatar. Prepare and monitor invoices and receivables, to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
• Ensure the local office bank funding is controlled accurately and the cash flow management is managed and accounted for correctly.
• Ensure petty cash float is kept safe, and agreed but limited amount of money is paid and accounted for.
• Assist the Chief Accountant with administrative duties as required and provide back up support for absences.
We are a small administrative team located in West Bay. We offer a competitive salary and a positive and fun work environment. We need someone who is friendly and works hard, who is flexible and likes to help others. If this sounds like you apply today!
• Bachelor degree in Finance or similar qualification.
• Extensive experience in accounting or administrative role.
• Microsoft office - word, excel, powerpoint, outlook - intermediate level usage.
• SAP experience
• Ability to use initiative, work unsupervised.
• Strong English written and spoken communication skills
• Strong integrity, honesty, ability to maintain confidentiality, reliable, consistent.
• Excellent customer relations experience - ability to deal with supplier's queries, payments and credit control.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities - highly organized approach and agility required.
• Deadline driven with excellent organizational and time management skills.
Bachelor of Finance or similar
- Job Location: Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry: Petrochemicals
- Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Administration
- Joining Date: 2013-02-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 2 Max: 20
- Residence Location: Qatar
- Degree: Bachelor's degree / higher diploma