Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Customer Services Assistant
British Council Egypt
Purpose of job:
To provide a professional and efficient integrated customer services on the full range of British Council’s activities and services and to meet Customer Service Excellence standards in all contacts with customers, be that through face to face or emails.
Context and environment:
The customer services team consists of
Head of Customer Services & Registration, one Customer Services & Registration Manager, one Finance & Administration Manager, four Customer Service Officers, fifteen Customer Service Assistants, and five Call Center agents who are responsible to provide on daily basis first line support to the British Council customers. As the first point of contact for our customers (face-to-face, telephone or email) the team plays a vital role in maintaining customer relations and promoting the British Council’s activities and products. The Customer Services Assistant is mainly the first point of contact for our customers who walk in and/or email with requests and is responsible to attend to these inquiries and /or requests.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
All inquiries received in person or by mail/e-mail are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner. This includes Teaching Center, Exams and UK education/information inquiries (face to face and email). All inquiries (written and oral) are responded to according to Customer Service Excellence standards and meet Teaching and Examinations Quality Standards (TQS & EQS)
1. Customer Service Delivery
To assist with the delivery of an integrated service to corporate standards which meets the needs of internal and external customers to enable all departments to meet their agreed targets:
• Assisting in answering all types of first level inquiries relating to British Council activities in country.
• Assisting with dealing with second level (specific) inquiries or referring them to the appropriate person within the office who can deal with them.
2. Registration & Finance
• To register customers and to collect income received and transfer it accurately.
• Use relevant systems to maintain records on the system & complete daily reconciliations.
3. Back Office support
To carry out a range of back office tasks including post registration services, Campus/finance related tasks, supporting corporate client registration, data handling, support for delivery of events and maintenance for contacts and Call Center platform. To assist with the day to day back office administration of the Teaching Centre and Exams departments as needed, co-ordinated by the Customer Services Manager and Officers including but not limited to:
• Deliver accurate and friendly registration services to Teaching Center students and Examinations candidates to meet customer needs and to enable targets to be met
• Handling Exams and Teaching Center back office tasks within the Service Levels Agreements agreed and according to Quality Standards and guidelines
• Attending to verification and stamping requests
• Inputting customer data on CAMPUS
• Contacting Teaching Center and Exams customers to notify them of term/registration/exam date/venues, drop out surveys, wait-listed students
• Inputting data into Exams MIS sheets, ESOLCOMMS, Ed excel online registration.
• Attending to signage, Front Line news, Call Center platform and alike in a timely manner
• Requests for transfers and refunds are processed according to Teaching Center & Examinations policy
• Corporate clients are preregistered and registered according to Teaching Center policy
• Call Center and Contacts database are maintained accurate and up-to-date
• Ensure all materials and displays are always up to date and shelves are accurate appropriately classified, labelled, displayed and sign-posted in the Reception area.
Working together: (essential)
Establishing a genuinely common goal with others
Making it happen: (essential)
Delivering clear results for the British Council
Being accountable (more demanding)
Putting the needs of the team or British Council ahead of my own
Connecting with others: (essential)
Making regular opportunities to understand others better
Shaping the future:(essential)
Looking for ways in which we can do things better
Creating shared purpose: (essential)
Communicating an engaging picture of how we can work together.
Skills and Knowledge Financial Skills:
Awareness of cash handling and payment system process and document standards
Awareness of the concept of reconciliation
Using Microsoft Outlook & Word (Level 1)
Using Microsoft Excel (Level 1)
Using Internet Explorer/Google Chrome (Level 1)
To understand and use the Council’s IT systems in an effective manner in compliance with IT security standards
Marketing & Customer Services Skills:
Understanding the British Council and its values. (Level 1)
Responding to customer needs (Level 1)
Building strong relationships which add value to the United Kingdom (Level 1)
Obtaining and evaluating feedback (Level 1)
Fluent English speaking and writing (level B2)
Fluent Arabic speaking and writing
** The deadline for applying is 5th January,2013 .
- Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
- Company Industry: Consulting Services; Education, Training, and Library
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Customer Service
- Joining Date: 2013-01-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Monthly Salary Range: US$500 - $1,000
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience: Min: 1
- Residence Location: Egypt
- Nationality: Egypt
- Degree: Bachelor's degree