Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Business Development /Marketing Manager
ABOUT THE COMPANY: We are an American boutique real estate investment banking firm specializing in Commercial Real Estate in the United States of America. We have offices in multi-states and we have an offshore presence in Bahrain. Bahrain office serves as marketing support and backoffice functions. The company is 12 years old and is one of the top firms in the CRE space for SMEs in the USA. We focus particularly on US government guarantee programs for SMEs and large construction funding and arranging bridge and mezzanine lending. We work with small community banks across the USA and large banks involved in the capital markets side. We are focused on west coast, southwest region and east coast markets but we are able to transact in all 50 states.
Position involves partly marketing functions as described below:
Plans, organizes and directs the marketing function. Ensures that marketing objectives and plans support the overall business goals and objectives. Directs the activities in market research, advertising, promotion campaigns, product development and branding.
Position involves partly business development functions as described below:
• Responsible for the direction of marketing communications, advertising, product development, and strategic retail, commercial and wealth marketing programs
• Oversee the development, execution, and maintenance of the firm’s Branding initiatives
• Coordinate marketing initiatives with retail and Commercial Sales Groups to support business development efforts with marketing programs
• Manage firm's Branding and Awareness efforts with our external agency. Establish tangible benchmarks and performance measurements to assess the effectiveness of the resources deployed in support of these efforts
• Lead the organization both internally and externally in its business development efforts with community banks and US government agencies.
• Lead development and implementation of annual Marketing plan and create budgets that directly supports each line of business growth objectives
• Works closely with Senior and Executive level officers to develop business objectives and strategies to achieve goals
• Oversees and develop firms contact database.
• Monitors industry trends, legislation, research and competitors and applies knowledge to daily execution of Marketing activities
* Develops new business with customers, former customers, prospects and referral sources.
* Develops and implements select customer referral strategies in order to increase client satisfaction and portfolio growth for business customers. Responsible for initial relationship and follow-up with prospects.
* Arranges meetings between Customers, community banks, referral partners for senior partners
* Performs duties as assigned by the Managing Partners
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
WHAT WE OFFER:
A flat compensation package that includes travel ticket to your home country once a year for 30 days, observation of all American holiday. This position is eligible for semi-annual bonuses based on measureable performance metrics for Marketing and Business Development responsibilities.
ATTRIBUTES OF EFFECTIVE CANDIDATES:
* You must speak English fluently and write fluently or convincingly
* You must have a marketing and business development background - understand they are TWO different job functions
* You must NOT be intimidated by making phone calls
* You must be persistent but professional, polite and friendly
* You must be detail oriented, creative and very organized
* You must be well read
* You must have fluency in MS Office, CRM software and any creative Adobe software is a plus but not necessary.
* You must be willing to learn quickly the field of US Capital markets and Government Guaranteed programs for Commerical real estate.
Note: while we discuss a key requisite for being comfortable on the phone it is NOT a cold calling position. All the calls are going to be warm intros and there might be a few here and there cold calls but by large most of the calling will be to our existing client base and the development of contact database from our past transactions and ongoing transactions. But without doubt you must have excellent phone ettiquete.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
You have to write a cover letter addressing the following questions we require from ALL candidates:
a) salary history with all your previous positions
b) illustrate what in your CV demonstrate marketing experience
c) illustrate what in your CV demonstrate business development experience
d) explain your background in banking or financial services industry, real estate development or insurance related inudustries if you have any such experience.
e) confirm you understand, accept and agree that if chosen you are willing to work from 5pm to 2am Bahrain time which matches the US East Coast hours.
IF YOU DO NOT ADDRESS THE ABOVE FIVE ITEMS IN YOUR COVER LETTER - we WILL NOT onsider your CV no matter how qualified you are. We are looking for candidates to demonstrate their english writing skills.
Masters Degree Preferred but not necessary
- Job Location: Manama, Bahrain
- Company Industry: Banking
- Requirements : Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role: Accounting/Banking/Finance
- Joining Date: 2013-03-01
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Manages Others: No
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Management
- Years of Experience: Min: 7
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates; Bahrain; Lebanon; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; United Kingdom
- Degree: Bachelor's degree